Thursday 18 May 2017

The tie debate

As my oldest real-school-attending children waltzed through the front door after their education adventures for the day, my mother's eyes spotted immediately that my oldest child was not wearing his tie. This may not seem like a big deal, but as a mother with kids who wear school uniforms that cost an arm and a leg plus five thousand dollars, I have to be on high alert that their clothes don't get lost/misplaced.

It's such a rough life.

So the interrogation begins:

Moi: "Where's your TIE?"
Reid: "In my bag."
Myself: "You are SURE? You didn't forget it somewhere???"
Reid: "Yup."
Me: "Why did you take it off?"
Reid: "Because I was hot."

I'm satisfied/bored by this point and resume whatever it was I was doing (probably cleaning or reading. Or cleaning AND reading. I can multitask pretty well sometimes). Reid, who was bored of the conversation before it even started, is bee-lining to the pantry to satisfy teenage hunger (impossible, by the way).

Conner, who had been listening attentively to the whole conversation while he smelled my hair for the ten trillionth time in his life, paused a moment and asked:

"Then why didn't you take off your sweater??"

And then I laughed and laughed and laughed some more, and was thankful once again that I had fifty million kids. Then I insisted to get a picture of Reid in his get up (sans tie), so I could remember Conner and his smart remark for ever and ever and EVER.

Thank goodness for this neglected blog!

Reid wouldn't do the picture though unless Conner got in it.

Conner hates to have a picture taken. I can't really get upset with that, since I passed it along to him in the first place.

Then Reid did what older brothers do best.

Wrestled him into it.



(Jarom is way impressed)








(Brothers are the best. At least, that's what I have to keep reminding Conner)