Wednesday 19 October 2016

Her Day

Lena is crazy about birthdays. Her birthday especially, but she's not too picky. She was so excited for her dad's birthday last month, she could hardly sleep. I have to admit, I don't quite understand it... maybe someone could explain it to me.

Like Lena. If you're reading this, explain it to me.

She was super over the moon crazy for her big old turning NINE birthday,  so I went super over the moon crazy taking and now SHARING pictures with you.

Hope you've got an hour or two...



First thing in the morning, after she had checked out her present pile,
 she just sat and fell in deep deep love with her cake.


McDonald's was on the menu for breakfast, as per usual. As per NOT usual,
Reid opted not to photobomb this picture. What the???


The bday girl and her loot. I must say, she has got some awesome presentation skills. Just go 
ahead and call her Vanna White!!



Glad we're on the same page.


She is incredibly graceful and ladylike as she opens her gifts. 
Getting all nine and mature will do that to you I guess.


Umm... NOT what is in the box, darling.

Told ya so.


Gasp! What is it? You'll never know.



The birthday viewers. I'm forever grateful for kids who give me fun photos like this. 


I thought I'd better go ahead and share this picture, since you rarely ever get a shot with me in it.
You're WELCOME! 


Lena and the shopkins cake... which her father will most willingly, and insistently claim to be
ALL HIS IDEA.
In other news, poor little Lalaloopsy may need years of therapy and chiropractic care due
to some rather neglectful behaviour on the part of her newfound family.


After all the presents and stuffing our faces with greasy hash browns, Lena marched us all
off to the beach. After we gathered Reid from school of course. He may want to go to 
school on HIS birthday, but no way does he want to when anyone else has a birthday!

We may have learned that the hard way. Thankfully, gas is cheap, and we love driving
back and forth to his school fifty times a day. 





Beach time is some serious business. So much sand to move...


Like I said.


What the heck? I didn't come to this beach to find random treasure!! I came to take care
of the SAND problem!!

Sanitation is an important part of the sand moving business.






One of my favourite things about Reid and Jarom is what great friends they are to each other.


And how good it is of Jarom to be cool with Reid's little quirks.


And his weird way of walking.


I think he may just be channelling his inner Hulk.


I'm really liking this moment. So peaceful. So idyllic. 


It deserves a little photo editing love. The only thing missing is the Reidster...


Ah! There. Problem solved. 


After the beach we went home and showered off ten tons of sand and then ate cake for dinner.

She's thoroughly enjoying her pink flame candles. And I'm thoroughly 
enjoying Jarom's ghosting skills.


She's the cutest. Even with puffy cheeks and burning red eyes.


Happy Birthday LENA!!!