Sunday 24 July 2016

I take pictures





When your phone is also your camera, and it lives in your pocket most of your day, you have the wonderful advantage of taking five trillion photos whenever you like.

Unfortunately you don't really need five trillion photos. 

Unless you have a blog! Then you can share them...

And I have one. So I will.


As I suspected would be the case, my kids were holed up way too much of their school break
playing on the cursed technology. One of these days I should put on my mother's hat and 
tell them to cut it out already. 
Jarom was kind enough to remember I existed.


They did other stuff from time to time though. Like when Conner and Lena built this fort and hid 
inside to play on the iPad. 
Whaaaat???

I got sick and had to stay at home from church all by myself (hard times), so my daughter left 
me this note on a fuzzy blanket. It was very sweet. And reminded me of another time I came across
a drawing on the same blanket by my second born son (aka Jarom)... 


Fuzzy blankets are the best. And so are my kids.


My teenagers are cool, and don't go around trying to forget it.
They have a skateboard for crying out loud!


Swinging at the park. Lena may or may not need a lesson on 
how a swing works exactly.
At one point Conner's says to me "I had to get off the swing 
because my legs were getting dizzy."
Dizzy legs, hey? WHO KNEW? 


Got this shot of my son "jumping" off the swing. But more than 
anything, it looked like an incredibly graceful "gliding" off the swing. 
Almost like little birdies lifted him up and floated him to the ground...


Oh they did! Sweet.


Wes took a power nap and I took a picture. 
He's so manly and scowly when he sleeps. All that's missing is his snoring that
brings the house down.


There we go.


 Late night treat with my littlest cuties, while my oldest cuties were having a 
YM activity at our house. Lena's jaw could hardly handle it, but she won out in the end.


Getting lectured by my daughter... "Mommy! You said you were done taking pictures fifty
pictures ago..."


Doing MAN'S work. Jarom was also helping with the man's work, until
he had to stop due to the fact he got giant splinters in his fingers. They
 were in too deep, and I couldn't get them out, so we went to his father for help.
Which went a little something like THIS:

Dr. Prepchuk grabs a big old exacto knife, which he happened 
to have on hand due to all the manly work he was doing, 
and says he's going to cut them out.

Jarom: "Wait... what?"
Wes: "It's okay Jarom, I'm a surgeon."

Jarom was not comforted much. 


We went and saw  Ghostbusters, and I took this awesome picture. Lena may have
been feeling a little jumpy after the show. Reid and Jarom may have been
 feeling a little possessed...


Some jumpy trampoline place I can't remember the name of.
There were HEAPS of people there, but don't worry, I've gone
ahead and pointed out the important ones for you.


My kids do this annoying thing were they become big old blurry 
blobs when I try to take pictures of them jumping around.


See what I mean??? So frustrating...

We may have better luck with this video: